Monday, November 10, 2014

Roasted Artichokes


I remember it being such a treat when my mom would make artichokes. From time to time she would boil them and serve them with melted butter for dipping, yumm.  I randomly bought a 4 pack from Sam's (at a great price!) which prompted me to look up how to cook them... then I saw this. I knew I had to roast them - roasted veggies are my favorite, favorite thing!

Roasted Artichokes, serves 4
4 artichokes
4 garlic cloves
2 lemons
Olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 425 and line baking sheet or baking dish with foil. 
2. Cut off the artichoke stem (the bottom) and cut off the top 1/4 of the artichoke (which kind of "opens" the top). 
3. Wedge garlic clove in the middle of the artichoke. Squeeze half of a lemons juice all over and inside the artichoke. 
4. Place artichoke on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the foil around the artichoke, making sure to seal it as best you can. Repeat this process with as many artichokes as you have. 
5. Place all artichokes, right side up, on baking sheet and roast for 1 hour, 1 hour and 15 minutes for extra large artichokes. 




This was so easy, so delicious and made my kitchen smell so good! 
TIP: Could be left wrapped in foil and reheated in the oven the next day for 20 minutes at 350. Could even be taken out of the foil and reheated in microwave! 



2 comments: