Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Easy Asian Turkey Meatballs {Low Carb & GF}

These meatballs were born from a Pinterest recipe mixed with the fact that i already had 6 out of 8 of the ingredients in my kitchen.



Asian Turkey Meatballs, makes 19
2.5 lbs ground turkey
1 cup cilantro, chopped
6 green onions, sliced
2 tbsp Tamari (GF soy sauce)
3 clove garlic, minced
3 eggs
2 tbsp ginger power (fresh would be better)
2 tbsp sesame oil

Stats: 106 cals | 6g fat | .5g carb | .2g sugar | 13g protein each

These turned out pretty good - but I would leave out the sesame oil! It's an extra source of not-needed fat. Also, next time I would incorporate the Jasmine rice instead of serving it on the side - I think it would have made the texture more similar to my other meatballs (which I add oats to) and therefore would have liked them even more!

I served three meatballs with 1/2 cup jasmine rice and stir fried bok choy for my lunch this week! YUM. Loved adding a little Sriracha for some kick!



No comments:

Post a Comment