Monday, July 21, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

Since we are leaving for our annual trip to Tennessee on Thursday morning I am trying to keep things simple this week and not over buy at the store. I'll only be buying exactly what we need because I can't stand the thought of leaving a fridge full of food to rot. Josh requested tacos for dinner, but I'll be making a less-carby taco bowl and I already have eggs, egg whites, almonds, protein powder and almond milk.

 cherries, butter lettuce, mexican blend, green juice, grilled chicken, guacamole dip, corn tortillas

fresh juice x 3, roasted chipotle salsa, fresh pico, diced red onion, sour cream


I went to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods this morning (across the street from each other - amazing) and stocked up on some easy eats. I specifically wanted pre-made juices and pre-cooked chicken to take most of the work out of eating this week. I have so much to catch up on today (laundry, cleaning, getting us ready to go!) that I didn't want to spend all day cooking. I may have also lounged about and watched a movie, don't judge me!

Here's what I'm eating this week...

Breakfast
  • Pre-made juice
  • 2 eggs + 1/4 C egg white
  • Salsa
Snack
  • 1 C watermelon
  • 12 almonds
Lunch
  • Subway/Chipotle
Snack 2
  • Protein Powder
  • 1 C almond milk
  • 1 C cherries
Dinner - Chicken Taco Bowls
  • 4 oz. chicken
  • Pico de gallo
  • Guacamole
  • Salsa
  • Lettuce
  • 1/4 C brown rice

The only things I need to prep are my eggs, portioning out watermelon/almonds/cherries and assembling my protein shakes. This was the easiest meal prep ever because I wasn't cooking a bunch of proteins for lunches and dinners!



No comments:

Post a Comment