Sunday, July 27, 2014

(Healthy) Fast Food

I'm not always prepared when it comes to food. Sometimes, I don't have time to food prep because of other plans or obligations. Sometimes, I'd rather split a bottle of vino with Hubs and watch OITNB. You know, priorities, people. Since we are going out of town I opted to buy my lunches this week and thought I would share my go-to fast food choices.





CHIPOTLE
My fav of all the healthy fast food - a salad from Chipotle - it always tastes so fresh.  I get greens, chicken, veggies, pico de gallo, 1/2 scoop hot sauce and guacamole.
**Use the salsas/guac as your dressing - their vinaigrette is 280 calories!
410 cal | 23g carb | 38g protein

TACO CABANA
Chicken Fajita Salad
350 cal | 11g carb | 26g protein

SUBWAY
Turkey & Ham on 6" whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, onions, green onion, banana peppers, olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
340 cal | 49g carb | 18g protein

SCHLOTZKY'S
Turkey & Guacamole (small) - all the way.
350 cal | 51g carb | 21g protein

CHICK-FIL-A
Grilled chicken cool wrap, no dressing.
340 cal | 30g carb | 36g protein

WHATABURGER
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - no cheese, no mayo, add mustard.
460 cal | 50g carb | 32 g protein


There's all kinds of other life events that throw a ratchet into eating healthy like going on vacation or taking a road trip. Its always good to have a back-up plan and a general knowledge of what to eat where. These are not optimal all the time but my top picks for when you have to eat on the go!




No comments:

Post a Comment