Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bey & Jay: On The Run/Weekend



Being from Houston, the bestie and I have a hometown affinity for all that is Beyonce. The concert was absolutely amazing. Te overpriced merchandise was amazing. The strong drinks were amazing. The whole thing: amazing. Jay-Z and Beyonce sang all the songs you wanted to hear, with one song bleeding into the next seamlessly. She ended the show with a 'Halo' and towards the end they hugged and turned to the screens showing adorable home movies of their daughter - so sweet! I would most definitely pay ridic prices again for nosebleed seats next time she comes. 






After having a little too much fun last night the perf remedy was brunch with Hubs. I made him take me to this new restaurant I have been dying to try - Dish Society. It was great. It's super close to our house, reasonably priced and had the best grits I ever put in my mouth. Plus, they have juice! Sold. If you're in the Galleria area, you have to try Dish Society






Hubs went with Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwich (with goat cheese, swoon) and a side of homemade sweet potato chips. I ordered the (super healthy, ha) Pork Belly Hash - diced potatoes, pork belly, onions, jalapeƱos, peppers, topped with an over-easy egg and avocado hollandaise. We got a side of Smoked Gouda Grits to split, because we just had to try it, AMAZING. Delicious way to start the day.





We ended our Saturday at my in-law's house for our July family dinner night (they get everyone together once a month). They had a station set up to make spring rolls (so cute and easy) and brought in several sushi rolls from their fav sushi place. We had to make sake bombs since they had never tried them - success! My sis-in-law brought her new puppy, Ivory, she was so sweet. I may want a puppy now, don't tell Hubs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment