Friday, July 11, 2014

21 Day Fix Meal Plan & Grocery List #2

I wanted to share a meal plan with you guys that is a bit more on-par with what we eat in my household. I generally make and eat the same things every day for one week and then change things up for the next week. I meal plan Friday, grocery shop Saturday and cook/assemble on Sundays. This version of the meal plan also addresses vacation - or simply going out of town to visit family - and how I work that into and plan for being away from home. This is an example week of eating!


You can see that I plan to eat the same Monday - Friday until dinner, when I will be arriving at my destination and I already know what we will be having. I also planned out what we will eat for breakfast with my family already. I will be packing and bringing with me: 2 green juices, 2 portions of protein powder, 2 Kind bars, and 2 peaches. I am leaving some of the meals open for interpretation - I am sure we will eat out for lunch Saturday and are planning to eat out Saturday night for dinner. I also left Sunday lunch open for a meal with Hubs.

The general rule is - even though I may not be in complete control for my 'free meal' - to eat mindfully and make good choices. Maybe I'll be somewhere that has fried shrimp but I bet they also have grilled shrimp with veggies. Pizza? YUM. I bet they have a pretty good Greek Salad also. It's all about consistency and commitment! Or thats what I tell myself...  Moving on to the good stuff.


GROCERY LIST

  • 24 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 24 oz. deli meat (Turkey or Chicken)
  • Dozen eggs
  • Almond Milk
  • Hummus
  • Almonds (I buy large bag, it lasts for weeks)
  • Baby spinach, large container
  • Bagged salad x 6 (Hubs loves these!)
  • Pico de gallo
  • Basil, fresh bunch
  • Grape tomato, container
  • Sweet potato x 6
  • Lemons x 7
  • Peaches x 7
  • Blueberries, 1 large or 2-3 small packages
  • Cherries
  • Corn tortillas (at least 5)
  • Large whole wheat wrap (at least 5)
  • Protein Powder
  • Chia seed
  • Ground flax seed


MEALS

  • Breakfast taco - 2 eggs, 1 corn tortilla with pico de gallo. 
  • Whole Green Juice
  • Turkey wrap - 1 TBSP hummus, 4 oz. turkey, sliced grape tomatos, romaine lettuce, basil and mustard. 
  • Protein shake - 1 scoop Cellucor protein powder mixed with 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk. 
  • Baked chicken - bake breasts in oven on 350 for 25-45 mins. Serve with bagged salad. 
  • Sweet Potatos - Poke holes all over, place wet paper towel over potato on microwave safe plate and zap for 5 minutes (only cook one at a time). 


A FEW THINGS...

  • I did not include things in the list like mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper, etc. 
  • All these foods can be subbed for similar things! Maybe you hate peaches or this week cherries are super-expensive at your grocery, switch to apples!  
  • Each day averages about 1500 calories, 118g protein, 34g fiber, 128g carbs. 

It seems like a lot when I type it all out but after doing this version of meal prep for so long it really takes me little effort and a little more time. It's worth it because meal prep keeps me out of the fast food lane!



No comments:

Post a Comment