Sunday, March 9, 2014

Grocery List & Pantry Staples



Today as I was making my grocery store list on my phone I realized that I hardly need a list anymore. I buy so many items so regularly that it's just a rotating door of the same items that I replenish when needed. I thought I would share the items I buy regularly and the items I always keep on hand - staples we'll call them. This list is specifically for me and my husband but keep in mind maybe my broccoli will be your peas - maybe my garlic powder is your onion salt - everyone is different and has different needs and wants in life and food. I try to be as unprocessed and healthy as possible but it certainly doesn't always work out that way - especially when your husbands favorite food group is sugar and you enjoy wine! I wanted to make this to give you ideas and guidelines but no rules - you have to make your own.

Pantry/Staples:

Vanilla Protein Powder
Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
Quick Cooking Steel-Cut Oats
Brown Rice
Quinoa
Bragg's Nutritional Yeast
Garlic Powder
Pink Sea Salt Grinder
Trader Joe's Coconut Oil Spray
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sriracha Hot Sauce
Instant Mashed Potatoes
Fire Roasted Tomato (diced, canned)
Salsa (We love Clint's, among many other brands)


Grocery List: (All of these are favs, not all purchased every time)

FRESH
Fruit - apples, bananas, berries are my fav
Lemons - to put over veggies, squeeze into water
Spinach/ Mixed Greens - for smoothies, omelets 
Green beans/broccoli - a green veggie for dinner and lunch sides
Garlic Pods

DAIRY
Single serve/string cheese
Greek yogurt
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - coffee, smoothies

PROTEIN
Eggs - hard boiled as snacks
Pork Tenderloin - hubs loves!
Chicken breast (or ground chicken breast if I'm making meatballs)
Rotisserie Chicken
Tilapia/Salmon/Mahi Mahi filets

FROZEN
Berry blends - smoothies
Chopped spinach - smoothies, meatballs
Veggie blends
Brown rice
Ezekiel bread - morning snack

OTHER/RANDOM/HUSBAND
Hummus
Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
Tortillas
Sushi - we always seem to pick up a roll or two for dinner
Ice cream (hubs!)
White wine/Hard Apple Cider




No comments:

Post a Comment