Friday, December 12, 2014

Easy Chicken Soup (For The Twenty-Something Soul)

I have been down for the count with bronchitis for the past week. And while my sweet Hubs would get me anything I ever wanted to eat, all I was really craving was homemade soup. Something without weird, processed chicken and without 1 million grams of sodium. I also had no energy and very little ambition to do anything tedious. So, I made this up!





Chicken Soup, serves 6-8

Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed
1 red onion, chopped
Baby carrots (to liking, I added half of a large bag)
6 stalked celery, sliced
2 potatos, peeled and diced
4 qts. low sodium chicken broth
1-2 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp evoo
Salt/Pepper to taste

1. In stock pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil on med-high and add garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant (or translucent if you are sick, like me, lacking the ability to smell)
2. Add the rest of your ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer for at least 30 minutes. Could simmer for 45-90 minutes if you needed and/or wanted to.

Optional
1. This would be great served over noodles or rice. I used potato to bulk this up since Hubs is GF, rather than using noodles, but I think that would have tasted great!
2. Add avocado once plated.

YOU. ARE. DONE.
Feel accomplished.
You made soup.
In under an hour.
Bam.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! More posts coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment