Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Egg Muffins // Low Carb & GF// 3 Ingredients!

Meal prep is the best. It fills my fridge with healthy meals and it takes all the guess work out of eating well. It is my number one weight loss tip. It is the best thing I do for myself, health wise. I love it.

But sometimes, its gross. Like making 5 days worth of scrambled eggs. Have you seen a five day old egg white veggie scramble? Not appetizing. So this week, when I was chopping up my veggies I thought I would make little 'egg muffins' in my cupcake tray. Maybe they would be drier, less soggy. Maybe they would be delicious. Maybe they require less time of me standing over the skillet.
P.S. They are less soggy and more delicious. Winning.



EGG MUFFINS 
  • Chopped veggies
  • Liquid egg whites (or real ones if you aren't lazy like me)
  • Oregano, pepper, or whatever seasoning you prefer

1. Preheat oven to 350. Chop all veggies as fine as you can. 
2. Transfer all veggies into large bowl, add seasoning, toss to combine. 
3. Spray cupcake tin with oil and fill each hole with chopped veggies. 
4. Add 1/4 cup of egg white to each hole. 
5. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes (watch your muffins! you want brown edges)

*I used red, orange and yellow bell pepper, red onion, green onion and this yielded 18 muffins

Per serving (3 muffins)
114 cal | 0g fat | 3g carb | 21g protein

I put them into a large tupperware container, take out 3 each morning, heat for 90 seconds and top with salsa. My favorite low carb breakfast so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment