Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Grocery Haul: HEB

Hubs and I finally had the chance to get some groceries after getting back in town from our family reunion. This trip was very different because I had no plan. I had no list. I had no idea what I was going to buy and just kind of made it up as I went. It was all very stressful to me. I don't recommend it.


Without a lot of time to prep for food this week I really just wanted easy things with little to no work. I went for go-to's like bagged salad, wrap ingredients and eat and go fruit.

La Croix Berry, Applegate Herb Turkey x2, HEB Organic Muenster, HEB Organic OJ

 Stoneyfield Organic Greek Yogurt, Blueberries, HEB Organic Baby Spinach, 3 Salad kits, Grapes, Organic Baby Carrots

HEB Natural Chicken, Organic Zucchini, Bananas, Cherries, La Tortilla Factory Tomato Basil, Oat Revolution Steel Cut Oats, Mary's Gone Crackers, Pressels Pretzels, Sweet Leaf Green Tea


MEAL PLAN 7/28

Sunshine Whole Juice
Steel cut oatmeal + cinnamon/stevia/bluebs

12 almonds
banana

Turkey wrap (Turkey/muenster/spinach/mustard)
Cherries

Guac 100 cal pack
Carrots
Pretzels

Baked chicken
Salad

I think some people have a hard time spending a lot of money all at once - but for me groceries are very important. I spent a little over $100 but I know that I have breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks for every day with that money. It would probably cost you MORE to eat out and with much less filling, nutrient-depreived, processed foods. For me, groceries are a nonnegotiable part of the budget.



No comments:

Post a Comment