Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Clean Chicken Mexi-Meatballs

I love making a big batch of meatballs for the week. They are a go-to for my packed lunches but also something I can snack on and have even diced them up and put into soft corn tortillas for breakfast. Last week it hit me that had not yet made a Mexican version of my favorite protein staple - it had to be done!




Chicken Mexi Meatballs: Makes 20
1 meatball = 107 cals | 5g carb | 1g fiber | <1g sugar | 17.5g protein

  • 3 lb. ground chicken
  • 1 C instant rolled oats
  • 1 can Rotel, drained (could sub fresh pico)
  • 16 oz. frozen chopped spinach
  • 1 packet Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 9 TBSP, egg whites




  1. Prep spinach according to directions and press out (or drain) excess water and let cool. 
  2. Preheat oven at 350 and line cookie sheet with foil and spray with (coconut) oil. 
  3. Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl, except ground chicken and mix well. 
  4. Next add chicken to bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined. 
  5. Make about 20 palm sized balls and spread them out evenly on your cookie sheet and put into the oven for 25-35 minutes or until they are golden brown. 
  6. I store these in tupperware containers in my refrigerator for up to 5 days. They reheat well!




I really love making big batches of food like this, feels like little prep work with big results that I can eat on all week and share with others. I bring some to my grandmother, eat them as proteins for meals and snacks and, of course, make Hubs eat his share, too.



PS. They are super good with a little pico on top!


1 comment:

  1. Are these a LC or HC food? Which days do you eat these?

    ReplyDelete