Monday, June 30, 2014

Jungle Juice & Donut Towers

This past weekend we celebrated my best friend/brother-in-law/gay husbands birthday! We had a pool party at my in-laws house with a smorgasbord of junk food amazing-ness. I had two jobs: jungle juice and birthday cake. The whole day was a success and we all had the best time. Even if it was storming for the majority of our pool day... good friends will make up for that any day!

I scoured Pinterest for punch recipes and ended up taking my favorite elements from each of them to create my very own jungle juice!



JUNGLE JUICE: ((Serves a lot. This was a 5 gallon bucket!))
  • 1 handle Bacardi Coconut Rum
  • 1 750 ml Kraken Rum (dark rum)
  • 1 pineapple juice (64 oz.)
  • 1 mango nectar (64 oz.)
  • 1 cranberry juice (64 oz.)
  • 1 orange juice (64 oz.)
  • 1 liter ginger ale
  • 5 lemons, sliced
  • 3 oranges, sliced
  • 3 limes, sliced
  • 2 lbs. strawberries, sliced
Add all this into a gigantic container and stir! We added ice but really you should put ice in a cup and add the drink on top (that way it doesn't get watered down quickly). 


BFF and I taking birthday shots! 


Next up, the cake! I decided to make a donut tower since one of my BFF favorite thing is glazed blueberry cake donuts. I had seen them all over Pinterest and thought it would be SO cute and super easy. I bought 2 dozen assorted donuts and used an awesome plastic platter I already had. 


DONUT TOWER:

  • 2 dozen donuts 
  • Large platter

I arranged them cutely in a tower and then stuck in "happy birthday" candles! Easy as pie. Or, actually, a lot easier than making a pie. TIP: I avoided getting any frosted varieties since it seemed messy and like you would end up with a flavor you didn't want on the bottom of your donut. 



HAPPY MONDAY, GORGEOUS! Lets make this week a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment