Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Newbie. {Hi ya'll!}

Hi! I am new the blogging world and so excited to share my life with all of you! I want to chart my weight loss journey but also share recipes, good ideas and good ideas that turned out to be bad ones, tips that i have learned, workouts that I love and some that I hate. I love fashion and makeup, too, so that could worm its way in here eventually!

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty, nasty facts.

This was me pre-engagement. I was at my very heaviest {230!} and I was on a downward spiral. I had always been overweight and always been unhappy about it but it was not until Josh proposed in February of 2010 that I became TRULY motivated for the first time in. my. life. I read "This Is Why You're Fat" by Jackie Warner and it changed my life. I followed her instructions, simple but stringent, and the weight started coming off. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
By the time I had my 25th birthday in August of 2011 I had lost 60 pounds over the course of 11 months. I looked good but i felt amazing. I am that girl that starts 23 projects and finishes none so it was great mentally as well as physically for my overall health. I just remember always feeling so strong - I could do all sorts of things I never thought I could. I felt like a warrior. {You'll learn that I can be very dramatic}
Picture
Picture
Picture
The following months proved to be very stressful. Our wedding was coming in March 2012 and so it seemed that I had a million daily tasks. My then fiancĂ© was undergoing knee surgery and we were moving one month before our wedding. Not only was I overwhelmed but I was overworked and I welcomed a chance to relax, I told myself that "I'd earned it" after working so hard for so long to achieve so much. Instead of sticking to my guns in the time leading up to my wedding I put 15 pounds back on in that time frame. I was happy with myself on my wedding day but I knew, or I felt, like I had caved under pressure and could have done so much better. 
Picture
Now since that {magical} day I have been slowly slipping into married bliss. Less 6 pm workouts and more Chinese takeout with hubs and a side of Netflix. Less eliminating all sugar from my diet and more splitting flan with hubs. Less work, more play in general and also more wine. You get the picture!

Well... I'M SICK OF IT! I'm here to take back my body and my mind. I'm ready to get motivated again and maybe just maybe one of these days I will wear an itty bitty teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini. {welllll let's not get crazy}


No comments:

Post a Comment