Monday, October 21, 2013

Slow Cooker Maple Whiskey Applesauce

Hellllo my pretties! I know I have been gone so long - I have not had a device to take decent pictures with but my new GOLD iPhone is officially ORDERED and will be here within 3 weeks - eek!

This weekend the Hubs and I had some downtime to relax at home - which was wonderful - and when I came across this easy recipe that promised to make my house smell amazing I was instantly inspired!

Photo credit and recipe adapted from A Beautiful Mess


CROCKPOT WHISKEY APPLESAUCE
4-6 lbs whole apples (I used about 5.5 lbs - enough to fill my crock pot to the brim!)
1/4 C Sugar (or more for a sweeter sauce)
1 TBSP Maple Whiskey
Cinnamon

1. Skin and core your apples and then chop them anyway you like. I sliced them into rings, you could also chop them into wedges - just get at least 4 pieces per apple.
2. Layer apples in your crockpot until full and then cover with whiskey, sugar and sprinkle cinnamon to cover the top layer of apples.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours - you can stir/mush everything together when halfway done or not - this is really a low maintenance recipe!
4. Your house should smell amazing and you will have a fresh batch of homemade applesauce to share - it makes a ton!

*NOTE: You could totally do this overnight on low and wake up to a great smelling house!


Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather and pumpkin flavored everything!





No comments:

Post a Comment