Monday, January 6, 2014

Since You've Been Gone: Recap

I went on a blogging vacation! Here's what you missed.

Thanksgiving trip to Alabama with the Millers! {so cold but so beautiful!}

My favorite spot on the couch, with the warmth of the fire and family everywhere!

The last night we built a bonfire! Great way to end the trip. 

Jerrica driving the Ranger around like a boss. 

My favorite member of the Miller family might just be Turkey, the pet deer!


After Thanksgiving all the Christmas events start rolling in! 

Starting with the tree!

My stepmom had such a fun, festive Christmas display this year!

We went to the hubs company Christmas party at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, ohh la la!


THEN SOMETHING MAGICAL HAPPENED!
The hubs surprised me with LASIK EYE SURGERY for Christmas! 

I have always had horrible vision and worn contacts and glasses for the last 15 years. It was the most wonderful gift I have ever received and am still getting used to waking up and being able to see! 
The procedure was virtually painless and lasted 15 minutes total and I have 20/15 vision now!
I woke up the next morning and drove myself to my follow up appointment and then we drove to Austin to spend Christmas with my mom, Brian, step-sister and her family. 

Christmas Eve we went to his dads house where my sibling in laws got matching iPad minis

Next we had Christmas at my dad'd house where he and Nana played on their phones. Picture worthy. 

Christmas festivities ended at my MIL's house with gumbo and presents! Winning combo. 

Peace out, 2013... thanks for the memories!



Now that we're all caught up I can resume normal posts ;) Cheers to a great 2014 for everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment