Friday, January 24, 2014

Quick Tuna Salad {dairy & gluten free}

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Taralynn at Undressed Skeleton - thank you for featuring me on Blogstorming and welcome to all my new viewers!

I have been getting over a sinus infection so this week when I did my meal prep I went for "extra easy" and decided tuna salad would be my dinners for the week. I don't like mayo to begin with so when I saw hummus tuna salad on Pinterest I knew I had to try! I just added what sounded good to me, as I always do, and would encourage you to make this all your own by doing the same!




Hummus Tuna Salad (1 serving)

1 can tuna in water (5 oz.)
1 persian cucumber (or 1/2 reg cucumber), chopped
1/4 red bell pepper
Red onion, chopped (to taste)
2 TBSP hummus
1 TBSP dijon mustard
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
Salt free seasoning, to taste
Romaine or your fav lettuce

Stats: 250 cals, 800mg sodium, 13g carb, 5g fiber, 33g protein

Combine all ingredients and mix well. I store these in single serving containers and put over shredded romaine when it's dinner time! Could not be easier if I tried! 


I'm counting down the hours until girls night happy hour tonight and then plan to do nothing all weekend - which is kind of glorious sometimes. Hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment