Thursday, August 29, 2013

Southern Comfort: No Bake Reese's Fudge

I want to start a new series on the blog: Southern Comfort! I was going to call it "Liz makes junk food for her husband so that she can lick the spoon" but it seemed a little lengthy.

My husband will forever have a sweet tooth. I think if I wasn't around he could survive on soda and candy bars and ice cream. So from time to time I like to make him sweet stuff he can have around the house or take to work for a late afternoon snack. We were browsing my Pinterest and he spotted this recipe immediately. It was 3 ingredients, no bake and I knew how happy it would make him. No brainer, I made it that afternoon.



No Bake Reese's Fudge: 12-16 bars

22 Individual reese's cups (12 packages)
3 C chocolate chips
14 oz. Sweetened condensed milk

1. Line 9" x 9" pan with foil, or use disposable foil pan (like me!) and spray with cooking oil.

2. Place 16 of the cups in the bottom of the pan. They should fit perfect, maybe a little snug.



3. Place chocolate chips in sauce pot with sweetened condensed milk, heat over low until melted. Stir occasionally until melted.



3. Pour mixture over cups in the pan evenly. Then top with remaining 6 reese's cups by crumbling them on top and pressing them lightly into the fudge so that they adhere.


4. Let this cool to room temperature on the counter then place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set. Cut and store. (If you let this fudge set too long in the fridge it's much harder to cut up!)


This was a HIT around my house - you have to make this stuff! Do you have any easy guilty pleasures? Tell me!





No comments:

Post a Comment